It's almost close of day. And you feel like nothing significant has happened as you planned.
You've put in all the work and everything you've got, and somehow you don't feel like something is going right.
Moments like this make you reconsider If what you are doing is even worth it. If going for further makes sense. If there's also light at the end of the tunnel.
There is something to do at moments like this.
It will require you look deep down within yourself to see that there's something to be thankful for. Because a grateful heart will attract the right things and always open more doors for ideas and opportunities.
You might not feel like being thankful but do it anyway.
I've come to realise that when we are thankful and choose the route of gratitude:
- There is more, much more that we can be.
- There's something within us that wakes up.
- we begin to see things anew/differently
- We will feel God in everything.
You remember this song that says 'Count your blessings, Name them one by One'?
On those days when you feel down, and you don't want to think of anything at all because you're tired of thinking things through, You're just tired of always trying to lift yourself, always trying to be positive, always trying to be strong, you're just tired of all that!
On a day like that, I want you to count your blessings.
Start by being thankful for your breath.
You might not feel like it, do it anyways.
If you still struggle to start by counting your blessings. Maybe going through some of these quotes something will spark within.
And you'll realise that gratitude is a great option to go for, especially as entrepreneurs.
If you're always waiting for people to lift you or Cheer you on, While those are nice, You need to get yourself to a place where there's a daily practice of gratitude.
Gratitude works. It makes you a better person.
So enjoy this gratitude quotes I've put together. Entrepreneurship is not easy. It is tough. But that's why you're still standing and not giving up.
You are a tough, go-getter, and you can achieve what you have set your heart to do. And even though you feel down right now it's just one of those things; you will get back.
And when you're done reading these quotes, make sure to count your blessings.
Gratitude Quotes to Lift your Spirit Up
- “Gratitude; my cup overfloweth.”— Anonymous
- "Silent gratitude isn't very much to anyone." Gertrude Stein
- “Be grateful for what you have and work hard for what you don’t have.”— Anonymous
- "If you count all your assets, you always show a profit." Robert Quillen
- “If you have lived, take thankfully the past.”— John Dryden
- "The deepest craving of human nature is the need to be appreciated." William James
- "It is impossible to feel grateful and depressed in the same moment." Naomi Williams
- "We should certainly count our blessings, but we should also make our blessings count." Neal A. Maxwell
- “The real gift of gratitude is that the more grateful you are, the more present you become.”— Robert Holden
- “Wear gratitude like a cloak, and it will feed every corner of your life.”— Rumi
- "The only people with whom you should try to get even are those who have helped you." John E. Southard
- "Feeling gratitude and not expressing it is like wrapping a present and not giving it." William Arthur Ward
- "Gratitude and attitude are not challenges; they are choices." Robert Braathe
- “Appreciation is a wonderful thing: It makes what is excellent in others belong to us as well.”— Voltaire
- "You cannot do a kindness too soon because you never know how soon it will be too late." Ralph Waldo Emerson
- "When I started counting my blessings, my whole life turned around." Willie Nelson
- "One can never pay in gratitude; one can only pay 'in kind' somewhere else in life." Anne Morrow Lindbergh
- "Things turn out best for people who make the best of the way things turn out." John Wooden
- “Let us be grateful to the people who make us happy; they are the charming gardeners who make our souls blossom.”— Marcel Proust
- “The way to develop the best that is in a person is by appreciation and encouragement.”— Charles Schwab
- “Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things.”— Robert Brault
- “When we focus on our gratitude, the tide of disappointment goes out, and the tide of love rushes in.”— Kristin Armstrong
- “Hardship is a blessing when it spurs effort and development; ease is a curse when it increases complacency and self-indulgence.”— Muso Kokushi
- “Be thankful for what you have; you’ll end up having more. If you concentrate on what you don’t have, you will never, ever have enough.”— Oprah Winfrey
- “At times, our own light goes out and is rekindled by a spark from another person. Each of us has cause to think with deep gratitude of those who have lighted the flame within us.”— Albert Schweitzer
- “Gratitude is the most exquisite form of courtesy.”— Jacques Maritain
- "No one who achieves success does so without the help of others. The wise and confident acknowledge this help with gratitude." Alfred North Whitehead
- "Keep your eyes open and try to catch people in your company doing something right, then praise them for it." Tom Hopkins
- “Showing gratitude is one of the simplest yet most powerful things humans can do for each other.”— Randy Rausch
- “It's a sign of mediocrity when you demonstrate gratitude with moderation.”— Roberto Benigni
- "In life, one has a choice to take one of two paths: to wait for some special day--or to celebrate each special day." Rasheed Ogunlaru
- "Gratitude also opens your eyes to the limitless potential of the universe, while dissatisfaction closes your eyes to it." Stephen Richards
- “Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you have not; remember that what you now have was once among the things you only hoped for.”— Epicurus
- "Piglet noticed that even though he had a Very Small Heart, it could hold a rather large amount of Gratitude." A.A. Milne
- "Forget yesterday--it has already forgotten you. Don't sweat tomorrow--you haven't even met. Instead, open your eyes and your heart to a truly precious gift--today." Steve Maraboli
- "If a fellow isn't thankful for what he's got, he isn't likely to be thankful for what he's going to get." Frank A. Clark
- "In ordinary life, we hardly realize that we receive a great deal more than we give, and that it is only with gratitude that life becomes rich." Dietrich Bonhoeffer
- “The greatest blessings of mankind are within us and within our reach. A wise man is content with his lot, whatever it may be, without wishing for what he has not.”— Seneca
- "I truly believe we can either see the connections, celebrate them, and express gratitude for our blessings, or we can see life as a string of coincidences that have no meaning or connection. For me, I'm going to believe in miracles, celebrate life, rejoice in the views of eternity, and hope my choices will create a positive ripple effect in the lives of others. This is my choice." Mike Ericksen
- "They both seemed to understand that describing it was beyond their powers, the gratitude that spreads through your body when a burden gets lifted, and the sense of homecoming that follows, when you suddenly remember what it feels like to be yourself." Tom Perrotta
- “Gratitude opens the door to the power, the wisdom, the creativity of the universe. You open the door through gratitude.”— Deepak Chopra
- "Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things." Robert Brault
- "Acknowledging the good that you already have in your life is the foundation for all abundance." Eckhart Tolle
- "The way to develop the best that is in a person is by appreciation and encouragement." Charles Schwab
- “So much has been given to me; I have no time to ponder over that which has been denied.”— Helen Keller
- “If you are really thankful, what do you do? You share.”— W. Clement Stone
- "Gratitude is more of a compliment to yourself than someone else." Raheel Farooq
- "If you want to turn your life around, try thankfulness. It will change your life mightily." Gerald Good
- “An attitude of gratitude brings great things.”— Yogi Bhajan
- "This a wonderful day. I've never seen this one before." Maya Angelou
- “Don’t pray when it rains if you don’t pray when the sun shines.”— Leroy Satchel Paige
- “Gratitude is a duty which ought to be paid, but which none have a right to expect.”— Jean-Jacques Rousseau
- “The roots of all goodness lie in the soil of appreciation for goodness.”— Dalai Lama
- "He is a wise man who does not grieve for the things which he has not, but rejoices for those which he has." Epictetus
- “Nothing new can come into your life unless you are grateful for what you already have.”— Michael Bernhard
- “When we give cheerfully and accept gratefully, everyone is blessed.”— Maya Angelou
- “He is a wise man who does not grieve for the things which he has not but rejoices for those which he has.”— Epictetus
- "I would maintain that thanks are the highest form of thought; and that gratitude is happiness doubled by wonder." G.K. Chesterton
- "Gratitude is a currency that we can mint for ourselves, and spend without fear of bankruptcy." Fred De Witt Van Amburgh
- "As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words but to live by them." John F. Kennedy
- "Reflect upon your present blessings, of which every man has plenty; not on your past misfortunes, of which all men have some." Charles Dickens
- "Be thankful for what you have; you'll end up having more. If you concentrate on what you don't have, you will never, ever have enough." Oprah Winfrey
- “Gratitude is the sweetest thing in a seeker's life – in all human life. If there is gratitude in your heart, then there will be tremendous sweetness in your eyes.”— Sri Chinmoy
- "Thankfulness is the beginning of gratitude. Gratitude is the completion of thankfulness. Thankfulness may consist merely of words. Gratitude is shown in acts." Henri Frederic Amiel
- "Gratitude turns what we have into enough, and more. It turns denial into acceptance, chaos into order, confusion into clarity...it makes sense of our past, brings peace for today, and creates a vision for tomorrow." Melody Beattie
- "The world has enough beautiful mountains and meadows, spectacular skies and serene lakes. It has enough lush forests, flowered fields, and sandy beaches. It has plenty of stars and the promise of a new sunrise and sunset every day. What the world needs more of is people to appreciate and enjoy it." Michael Josephson
- "At times, our own light goes out and is rekindled by a spark from another person. Each of us has cause to think with deep gratitude of those who have lighted the flame within us." Albert Schweitzer
- “Gratitude is a powerful process for shifting your energy and bringing more of what you want into your life. Be grateful for what you already have, and you will attract more good things.”— Rhonda Byrne
- “True happiness is to enjoy the present, without anxious dependence upon the future, not to amuse ourselves with either hopes or fears but to rest satisfied with what we have, which is sufficient, for he that is so wants nothing.”— Seneca
- "Let us rise up and be thankful, for if we didn't learn a lot today, at least we learned a little, and if we didn't learn a little, at least we didn't get sick, and if we got sick, at least we didn't die; so, let us all be thankful." Buddha
- “Make it a habit to tell people thank you. To express your appreciation, sincerely and without the expectation of anything in return. Truly appreciate those around you, and you'll soon find many others around you. Truly appreciate life, and you'll find that you have more of it.”— Ralph Marston
- “Gratitude, like faith, is a muscle. The more you use it, the stronger it grows, and the more power you have to use it on your behalf. If you do not practice gratefulness, its benefaction will go unnoticed, and your capacity to draw on its gifts will be diminished. To be grateful is to find blessings in everything. This is the most powerful attitude to adopt, for there are blessings in everything.”— Alan Cohen
Hope you enjoyed these quotes and most importantly, you feel better and inspired to create a daily gratitude habit. Let me know the quote that got you most in the comment section.