What is the Golo diet about? What are its benefits? What can you eat on this diet? What should you drink on this diet? What does the Golo diet involve when it comes to exercises and other physical activity? We'll answer all these questions in today's blog post!
What is the Golo diet about?
The Golo Diet is a weight-loss diet that has been around for decades, but it's become more and more popular in recent years.
The Golo diet focuses on the three main food groups: fruit, vegetables and protein.
In simple terms, it's a high protein and low carbohydrate diet. The goal of this eating plan is to increase your metabolism and reduce your hunger.
The Golo Diet is not a diet in the traditional sense. It's a weight loss program, loosely based on the Tibetan diet, that focuses on eating whole food and being mindful of what you eat.
What makes it different from other programs is that it doesn't involve tracking calories or carbohydrates - you'll get all of those macro-and micronutrients naturally!
The Golo diet focuses on eating whole food instead of processed foods like frozen meals or packaged snacks.
Processed foods often contain added sugars that quickly turn into glucose in the body, leading to weight gain and other health issues.
When starting the Golo Diet program, we recommend that you gradually switch to eating whole foods for two weeks before formally beginning your new diet plan.
This will allow your body time to adjust and make it easier for you when the actual transition begins.
How does the Golo Diet Work?
The Golo Diet is a low-calorie diet with a similar nutritional profile to the Mediterranean diet, which is associated with lower rates of heart disease and cancer than other diets.
The Golo Diet also provides more protein than some low-carb diets because it includes lean meats in its meals.
You can do certain things to make sure you meet the Golo Diet requirements and help you lose weight. They are:
- eat a diet with fewer carbs and sugars,
- Cut back on calories by watching what you drink, how much you exercise, etc.
- Increase your intake of protein foods like meat or eggs
- Consume plenty of green vegetables high in nutrients that promote weight loss and are low in calories. They also give the body the fiber it needs to feel full.
- Take a daily Golo Diet supplement containing Garcinia Cambogia Extract, Green Coffee Bean Extract and Chlorogenic Acid. The Golo diet promotes a supplement called GOLO RElease, a pill that helps regulate blood sugar levels, reduces hunger, increases energy, and improves the body's ability to burn fat.
- Each purchase of the Golo Release comes with a guide to help you follow a Golo Diet and access to their membership, an online support group and discounted products.
What are its benefits?
The benefits of going on a Golo dieting are numerous, including the following:
- It is a healthy way to diet. -There are many recipes for cooking delicious meals that follow this diet. -You can eat as much food as you want and still lose weight because of Golo's low-calorie count.
- This type of diet will help prevent health problems by promoting a healthy lifestyle.
- Since it is a low-calorie diet, you can eat as much food as you want and still lose weight because Golo is so low in calories. -It will help with energy levels by having more vegetables and fruits high in nutrients for increased metabolism.
- The Golo diet encourages you to eat more vegetables and fruits, which is good for your health.
- It also encourages a healthy lifestyle by eating less sugar, fats, sodium, alcohol and red meat. -This type of diet will help prevent certain diseases like diabetes or high blood pressure that have been proven to be associated with poor diets.
What is the drawback of the Golo Diet?
The first point to mention is that the Golo Diet is not suitable for people on medications.
This is because of its high protein and low carbohydrate intake, which can lead to unbalanced blood sugar levels.
For example, if you have diabetes, then it may be a bad idea to follow this diet as there is a chance that it could cause your blood sugar levels to be unbalanced.
It can be expensive to be on a good diet because you have to order the supplements - GOLO Release at $49.95 for 90 tablets and depending on many you take per day that lasts between 1- 3months.
There are many variations of the Golo Diet, which can make it confusing to follow.
For most people, following the diet's principles creates nutrient-dense meals. However, those who find it difficult to follow restrictive rules may view the Golo diet as challenging.
While GOLO Release does not contain caffeine or other stimulants, you should always talk to your physician before taking a supplement. Cos, as with most supplements, the FDA does not regulate them as pharmaceuticals.
What can you eat on this diet, and what do you avoid?
Since the Golo diet is more about how you eat than what you can and cannot eat, there are no foods that the Golo diet bans.
You have to be careful about how much of each food group you consume on a given day.
The Golo diet makes it easy to create a balanced meal by combining carbs, protein, veggies, and fruit and fats.
To help break that down, here are some general guidelines:
- Eat vegetables at every meal and snack
- Fruits are usually fine but limit intake if you have IBS or irritable bowel syndrome (IBS)
- Eat a wide variety of foods to meet your needs for protein, fat and carbohydrates
- Do not eat processed or packaged food items that have more than five ingredients
- This is why the Golo diet might be difficult at first. We're so used to relying on pre-packaged food items like bread, pasta, and sauces that we don't know how to cook for ourselves.
- Eat whole grains instead of refined ones like white rice or enriched flour
- Drink a minimum of 64 ounces (eight cups) of water per day
- If you're hungry between your meals, eat a handful of nuts or seeds before you head out the door.
- Limit your intake of sugar to just one or two teaspoons per day
- If you're really hungry, eat a small portion of protein and vegetables before going back for more. This will help curb hunger for more extended periods.
Exercises and other physical activities on Golo Diet
When it comes to physical exercising when you are on the Golo diet, it is more about cardiovascular activity and weight training.
If you are on your feet all day, then running for an hour or two might do the trick. But if not, then a simple walk in nature can work wonders too.
The key to exercises when it comes to this diet plan is moderation instead of intensity.
You might also be interest in
What can you eat, and How long should it take to lose weight on this diet, if at all.
The GOLO Diet is a high-protein, low sugar diet. It's all about eating the right foods at the appropriate times to help you lose weight while feeling less hungry and more satisfied.
The idea is that your body will release insulin in response to eating protein which helps regulate blood sugar levels and keeps hunger at bay for longer periods of time.
When it comes to weight loss, the key is in the food eaten, not only what goes into your mouth but also how much of it.
What should you eat on a good diet?
The principles of the GOLO Diet are based on eating three meals and two snacks every day, with no more than 50g of sugar per day, an adequate amount of protein at each meal (at least 25-30g), plenty of vegetables and fruit in your daily diet.
In the beginning, you may need to track your calorie intake for a week or so to get an idea of how many calories your body needs per day (start with around 1200-1500).
After that, it's just about eating and living like any other person on a balanced diet - without counting every single bite!
How long should it take to lose weight on the Golo diet?
There's no time specified on how long it should take to lose weight on the Golo Diet. It's an individualized diet, so that it would depend on your level of physical activity.
The Golo Diet is easy to follow, but not many people know about it. I researched the internet and found out that it's not particularly 'that' easy to lose weight with this diet.
For some people, it had taken a few months before substantial weight loss was achieved. This is a specific diet and may not be for everyone.
But people see some progress in their weight loss journey with this eating plan.
Final Thoughts on - what is the Golo diet about?
The GOLO Diet is a popular new diet that focuses on managing hormone levels through supplements, exercise, and a nutrient-dense diet to promote weight loss.
Some people may find it challenging to maintain or afford this diet plan, but for those interested in looking into the science behind the claims of health benefits - we encourage you to do so!
If nothing else, at least you'll have some great meal ideas with all these healthy ingredients.
Stay tuned for more updates as research continues whether this lifestyle can help us manage our weight better than before.
Have any friends tried out the GOLO Diet? What did they think about it? Please drop your comments below, and let's chat!